Sunday, April 10, 2011

We can rebuild it and make it awesomer

I was waiting until I could get that video up in the last post before putting this up but shit is moving quickly over here. Also, it looks like Alex is coming down to Philly next weekend 15th and 16th to meet me (Woody) and finish everything for the cabinet that we don't have done. With that I bring you a look in to the world of receiving packages and doing awesome things with their contents.
So a few days ago we got some mysterious packages in the mail.
I was stoked to look inside and see my beautiful buttons and joysticks!
Well I guess you now know that we ordered YELLOW JOYSTICKS! Yes, they look amazing! I spent the rest of the day trying to figure out what sort of button color combination would be best suited for the control panel and I think I was able to get it right. What do you think?
This picture came out a bit weird because of all the light sources but yellows are actually the same shade of yellow as the sticks and match that yellow on the control panel really well.
So, after all this was said and done the next day we got another set of packages! It's starting to feel like the Christmas when I was a kid and asked for a ton of video games and none of my family members coordinated to make sure that I also got stuff that I needed like clothes and I got only video games! So what could be in this one?
Well it looks like we have the IPAC2 and enough wire to rig all the buttons on all my arcade cabinets twice over. So I got to work and started rigging up all the buttons and switches. Then I ran it all in to the IPAC2 to get it ready for the computer it will soon be coupled with.
Here it is all rigged up and ready to go!
I also got the tmolding installed but that I will try to save until the final shots once it is completely built. I think once everything is done it is going to look rad. So what do you think of the colors as they are starting to come together? Let us know in the comments. And, as always, if you are interested in getting involved with the project just let us know by commenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment